Brown’s TED talk contained quite a few memorable pieces. She states, "You are worthy of love and belonging." Too often, we lose sight of what we deserve. We must possess the courage to be imperfect and know that we will be loved despite our flaws.
Brown ends the presentation with a couple of items to think about:
- Let yourself be seen, deeply seen, vulnerably seen
- Love with your whole hearts even though there is no guarantee
- Practice gratitude and joy in those moments of terror when you’re wondering, “Can I love you this much?”
- To feel this vulnerable means you’re alive
- Believe that you are enough
In September 2012, Brown published Daring Greatly, a book that explores
the fear of being vulnerable, how we protect ourselves from
vulnerability, and the price we pay when we shut down and disengage. I read Daring Greatly last year and highly recommend it.